ID: 3954 - Loyalty points not properly processed in Retail POS
Last updated: 14 Feb 2014
Why does Point of Sale intermittently not properly accrue or deduct loyalty points?
We have found three instances when loyalty points balances are not properly adjusted:
1. When paying for a new purchase, existing loyalty points are used and the outstanding balance is paid by Cash / Cheque / Credit Card, then:
Loyalty points for the Cash / Cheque / Credit Card component are not credited. Loyalty points remain at zero.
(by design, no loyalty points are earned for Tender Loyalty Points)
2. When paying for a new purchase, existing loyalty points are used and the outstanding balance is paid by a Gift Voucher, then:
Loyalty points are not reduced and remain at their pre-purchase balance.
(by design, no loyalty points are earned for Tender Gift Voucher)
3. The next transaction to a loyalty customer after a transaction to a non-loyalty customer paid with Tender Gift Voucher will not accrue loyalty points.
Our Product Development Team is investigating the issue.
Adjust loyalty points total for the customer in the POS Administrator:
1. Click on the Customer icon;
2. Select the Customer;
3. Click the Loyalty button;
4. In the Loyalty Points field, change the number of points to the correct number;
5. Click OK to save.
To clear the effect of a Tender Gift Voucher transaction before a loyalty customer transaction:
Create a new loyalty customer named: Clear Voucher –
Create a 0.00 cash sale for the Clear Voucher loyalty customer:
Click on Cust. Number button;
Select Clear Voucher customer;
Click the Tender Cash button.
You are now ready to process a loyalty customer transaction and have the loyalty points accrue correctly.