ID: 4866 - Unable to retrieve a Held Transaction from Retail POS
Last updated: 14 Feb 2014
Why is the detail of a retrieved transaction blank? How can I now complete this transaction? Until this transaction is processed I cannot process End of Day
When the retrieved detail of a held Transaction is blank it is a sign that this transaction has become corrupted.
You will need to detail this record and re-enter it.
1. If you have multiple terminals, get the Terminal ID and Transaction Number from the Held Transaction List:
a. On a POS Terminal, click on Retrieve – the Held Transaction list will open;
b. Read the information off the screen
2. Do not select the transaction from the list.
3. Go to the Terminal that recorded the held transaction:
a. Type in the transaction Number and click Retrieve;
b. The transaction will appear on the screen, although it will show 0.00 amounts;
4. Click on the Cancel button to delete the transaction;
5. Re-enter the transaction and put it on hold, or process the transaction.